With automatic syncing enabled, your contacts will be automatically synced in the background using "Background App Refresh." You can control the minimum time between automatic syncs using the "Minimum Interval" setting. Unlike standard syncing, you will not have control over when and how your contacts get synced. You can review changes made by automatic syncing by going to the "Sync/Move History" screen accessible from the Sync/Move Menu's action button.
Keep in mind that if you force this app to quit by dragging it up from the multitasking display, it won't be able to automatically sync your contacts in the background until you relaunch the app. Read more about forcing apps to close at:
- From the Sync/Move screen, make sure "Sync Contacts" and "Auto" are selected
- Choose from one of the following auto sync types:
- Disables automatic syncing
- "2-way Sync"
- Updates each account with changes from the other account. This is usually the best option especially if you're making changes to contacts in both accounts.
- "1-way sync" (A->B or B->A)
- Updates contacts in one direction only. If you want to update your contacts in one direction only, this sync mode is the best option.