Common Sync Settings:
- Sync Deleted Contacts
- If turned on, whenever you delete a previously synced contact, this app will attempt to delete the same contact from either Gmail or Mac during the next sync.
- Sync Photos
- If you want to sync your contact photos, turn on the "Sync Photos" checkbox.
- Filter Sync By Groups
- By turning on the filter by groups switch, you will have the opportunity to select which groups are synced.
- Ignore "Other Contacts" in Gmail
- In Gmail, contacts that don't belong to any groups including "My Contacts" go into the "Other Contacts" category. If you don't want the contacts in the "Other Contacts" category to appear on your phone, you should enable this option.
- Merge Contacts (2-Way)
- With this setting turned on, during 2-way syncs, the contents of matching contacts will be merged when necessary (for example, during the initial sync).
- Merge Contacts (1-Way)
- With this setting turned on, during 1-way syncs, the contents of matching contacts will be merged rather than one contact replacing the contents of the other.
- Sync Postal Country Codes
- If turned on, postal country codes will be synced. As a result, international postal codes will be formatted correctly.
- Batch Gmail Updates
- If turned on, your Gmail contact updates will be batched in groups of 100 when sent to Google. Doing so results in faster syncs. However, if you happen to have a problem with several of your Gmail contacts not getting updated, you can turn off "Batch Gmail Updates" as it may help you identify the problematic contact. Please email support for more information.
Manual Sync Settings:
- Detect Google Duplicates During Sync
- If turned on, this app will warn you of duplicate Google contacts before they're synced to your Mac.
- Confirm Pending Deletions
- If turned on, you will be alerted of any pending contact deletions before the sync begins.
- Force Update All Contacts
- If turned on, each contact will be updated even if the contact hasn't changed. As a result, syncs will take much longer than they would otherwise.
Auto Sync Settings:
- Update Interval
- Determines how often your contacts are automatically synced in the background.
- Select Language
- By default, this app will use your Mac's preferred language. However, you can override the language using this setting.
- Use black & white menu bar icon
- Replaces colored menu bar icon with a black & white menu bar icon
- Attach app to menu bar
- Attaches the app to the menu bar rather than having it appear in the dock