There are several options that allow you to restore your contacts, and undo any recent changes.
Restore your Google Contacts:
Your contacts are automatically backed up by Google. So if you ever need to restore your contacts to an earlier state, it's very easy to do as long as your contacts were previously stored in Google. Follow these steps to restore your contacts:
- Go to https://contacts.google.com
- Find the settings (gear) icon at the top right, select it, and go to "Undo Changes." Proceed to restore your Google contacts to an earlier state.
- Next, open the Contacts Sync app and sync once again, to restore the same contacts on your iPhone
Restore your iCloud Contacts:
If your contacts were previously stored in iCloud, you can easily restore these contacts as well.
- Go to https://www.icloud.com/recovery/
- Next, restore your contacts to the desired date & time
- To restore the same contacts back onto Google, initiate a sync with the app
Restore recently deleted iPhone contacts:
You can also restore any recently deleted iPhone contacts by going to Contacts Sync > Contacts > Recently Deleted Contacts.
Restore recently deleted Google contacts:
You can also restore any recently deleted Google contacts by going to https://contacts.google.com/trash
Restore from your device backup:
You can also restore one of your backups made by the Contacts Sync app. To do so, go to Contacts Sync > Contacts > Backups, select the desired backup, and proceed to restore it.
This help article relates to the iPhone app called "Contacts Sync" which can be downloaded here:
Need help? You can email us at email@example.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.