If you want replies to your group message to go to you only, turn off "Group Messaging" by going to your iPhone settings > Messages.
If your messages fail to send, here are some possible solutions:
- Reboot your iPhone
- As a first step, try rebooting your iPhone as it often helps.
- Turn on "Send as SMS"
- Assuming you have iMessage turned on, you should also turn on "Send as SMS" by going to your iPhone settings > Messages. Otherwise, you will only be able to communicate with Apple devices.
- Consider limiting the number of recipients
- When sending group messages by SMS, the number of recipients is often limited to 20 or less by your cell phone carrier. Consider setting the "Max Recipients" setting on the "Compose Message" screen to 20 or less, and the app will handle sending multiple messages if necessary.
- Verify message is being sent to mobile phone numbers only
- Make sure that you're sending the text message to mobile phone numbers only and not standard telephone numbers
- If using iPad, you can only send messages to other Apple devices
- iPad messages are sent with iMessage and can't be sent by SMS unless your iPad is paired with an iPhone. If sent by iMessage, they can only be received by recipients using Apple devices. For instructions on how to configure your iPhone and iPad so that SMS messages can be sent from your iPad, visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204681