With a standard sync, you are in control of when your contacts are synced, and you will have the opportunity to confirm each change before the sync begins. I recommend performing a standard sync for the first few syncs. Thereafter, you may want to consider automatic syncing.
- Go to the Sync Menu and select "Sync" rather than "Auto"
- Choose from one of the following sync types:
- 2-way Sync: Syncs contacts in both directions, meaning changes from either account will propagate to the account
- 1-way Sync (e.g. Google Contacts -> iPhone): Syncs contacts in 1 direction only. For example, from Google to iPhone only.
- Manual Sync: Sync selected contacts only
- Once you press the "Begin" button, the app will prepare to sync your contacts and then prompt you to confirm the sync.
- To confirm the sync, press "Continue" and keep the app open while it performs the sync.
This help article relates to the iPhone app called "Contacts Sync" which can be downloaded here:
Need help? You can email us at email@example.com