With a standard sync, you are in control of when your contacts are synced, and you will have the opportunity to confirm each change before the sync begins. I recommend performing a standard sync for the first few syncs. Thereafter, you may want to consider automatic syncing.
- Go to the Sync Menu and select "Standard"
- Choose from one of the following sync types:
- 2-way Sync: Syncs contacts in both directions, updating both your iPhone and Google.
- Google Contacts -> iPhone: Updates your iPhone contacts with the latest changes from Google
- iPhone Contacts -> Google: Updates your Google contacts with the latest changes from iPhone
- Manual Sync: Sync selected contacts only
- Once you press the "Begin" button, the app will prepare to sync your contacts and then prompt you to confirm the sync.
- To confirm the sync, press "Continue" and keep the app open while it performs the sync.