Tips for ensuring that auto sync works optimally:
1) For best results, consider enabling "Location Assisted Sync" which triggers auto sync whenever you visit a new location. Please see this article for more info:
2) Don't force the app to close. This prevents the app from being eligible to run in the background.
- For more info on what it means to force the app to close, visit:
- It is the general consensus that forcing apps to close does not improve battery life as discussed in this article: https://www.wired.com/2016/03/closing-apps-save-battery-makes-things-worse/
3) Verify that Background App Refresh is enabled by going to your iPhone Settings > General > Background App Refresh
4) Verify that Low Power Mode is not enabled by going to your iPhone Settings > Battery
5) Verify that your iPhone connects to Wi-Fi when home, as auto sync is most likely to trigger when your phone is plugged in and connected to Wi-Fi.
6) Regarding the "Minimum Interval" setting, keep in mind that this setting determines the minimum time between syncs, not the actual time. The app depends on iOS to wake up the app so that it can run periodically. The rate at which the app is woken up depends on a number of factors including whether your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi, whether your phone is plugged in, how fully charged the battery is, and how often you use this app.
This help article relates to the iPhone app called "Contacts Sync" which can be downloaded here:
Need help? You can email us at email@example.com