In the context of contacts, it generally means to sync contacts between accounts such as Google and Mac. To sync these accounts means to make them the same. Keep in mind that you may have many different types of accounts on your Mac such as iCloud or Outlook. So you may actually want to sync your Google contacts with iCloud, for example.
Articles in this section
- Pitfalls of Syncing Google with Google
- How do I automatically launch this app when booting my Mac?
- I opened the app, but nothing happened.
- I deleted all of my contacts on both Mac & Google. What do I do?
- What does it mean to "sync" in the context of this app?
- I deleted all of my Mac (or Google) contacts by mistake, but I still have them in Gmail (or Mac). What do I do?
- Some of my Mac contacts aren't syncing to Gmail. How do I fix it?
- With automatic syncing enabled, how often are contacts synced in the background?
- How do I restore my contacts?
- How do I sync multiple Google accounts?