In the context of contacts, it generally means to sync contacts between accounts such as Google and Mac. To sync these accounts means to make them the same. Keep in mind that you may have many different types of accounts on your Mac such as iCloud or Outlook. So you may actually want to sync your Google contacts with iCloud, for example.
Articles in this section
- How do I sync multiple Google accounts?
- How do I eliminate duplicate contacts?
- How do I automatically launch this app when booting my Mac?
- I opened the app, but nothing happened.
- Pitfalls of Syncing Google with Google
- How do I restore my contacts?
- Some of my Mac contacts aren't syncing to Google. How do I fix it?
- How do I perform a clean sync?
- With automatic syncing enabled, how often are contacts synced in the background?
- I deleted all of my contacts on both Mac & Google. What do I do?